Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 902's Any Reason To Do This?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AllanCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone think there would be an advantage to using the 902 tangerine driver in place of an 808 series that has been converted to 802 with the aluminum diaphragm in the following system.

    The mids. are on 511 horns but are crossed over electronically at 18db I believe (older Nakamichi elec. Xover) to a JBL time aligned slot driver.

    I doubt there will be an advantage to using the "newer" drivers but as always looking for others opinions.

    Yes they sound fine now but I have a decent job and can afford them if they would help.

    Low end is crossed over at 680 Hz with (4) 411-8A woofers providing a decent low end. forums

    TIA forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think if you were running them without the JBL slot tweeter you might find a little advantage to the 902. I think they sound a little sweeter in the upper range. To be honest I don't really see any reason to run the slots at all, even with the 802's but especially if you were to go to 902's. I have both. To me they both sound great with an overall preference for the 902.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.